Friday, March 15, 2013

ExtraTerrestrial Fun

Hello!  As I wait for this horrible month of March to come an end and the snow to melt and go away, I have some extra time on my hands before the Spring Gardening Chores begin.  Although at the rate were going here in Wisconsin, I'm starting to have my doubts that Spring will ever come, and I feel that Winter will never end.  I'm trying so hard not to get discouraged about this; but would you believe IT"S STILL SNOWING!  There is snow in the forecast EVERYDAY for the next two weeks. My drives to work have been so terrifying...I feel like I'm taking my life in my hands every time I get behind the wheel.  I've had so many scary  driving experiences this winter.  And I'm so tired of being cold, and wearing winter clothes. To help cheer me up,   I've bought a lot of new Spring/Summer Clothes in all the bright, happy sherbet colors that are so 'in' right now.  I just want to wear them! So God, please, please, please, make the snow and cold go away and bring me warmth, sunshine, pretty flowers and singing birds!  

Oh enough of my whining, onto my card.  I just said all that to explain why I was playing the CASology challenge two weeks in a row.  What else is there to do on snowy, cold days but to Paper Craft?  The challenge this week is 'ExtraTerrestrial'.  I bought the 'Robotz' Cricut Cartridge a couple of years ago and never even opened it.  I thought this was a good time to blow the dust off both my cartridge and my Cricut Machine.  About an hour later, I remembered why I hardly use my Cricut Expression.  Too Much Work!  This was supposed to be a Clean and SIMPLE challenge, but you would not believe how long it took me to make that little robot!  You have to insert the paper 5 different times (if you want all the different layers and colors) and figure out which button to push for what pieces you want cut, what size you want, and then you have to glue them all together.  GEEZ!  Just give me a 'Jolee' Sticker and let me slap it on the card! LOL! 

The rest of the card came together a lot easier.  I created the sentiment on my computer and printed it on white Card Stock.  Then I found a cool piece of designer paper from the  DCWV 'All About Boys' Stack and I just cut out the elements from the paper I wanted to use and glued them to the white sentiment panel.  I popped the alien in the spaceship up on dimensionals, then glued on my 1 hour Robot, and wa-la!  I was done.  

Although I'd hardly call the card 'Clean and Simple' because of how much it took me to create, I do like the way it turned out.  But next time....I'll just use a sticker. LOL!

Have a great day! Amy

10 comments:

  1. Hello Amy. I echo your sentiments exactly about the weather. The UK is in the grip of the worse winter weather for 100yrs. Spring bulbs are trying to pop up through the earth but are deciding it is not worth doing anything else. They are predicting a growing diaster for the garden centres as they say the bulbs being grown on to sell are just filling with water in the ground and dieing off. Anyway enough of the rotten weather. Your little robot is cute but I don't like the sound of all that hard work with the cutting machine and it is not a cheap option to buy.
    Simples is what I go for so a sticker sounds just up my street!!!
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute ! Lovely sentiment, your card is realy adorable !
    Me too,I'm waiting desperately spring, bouhh winter is so looong !!
    Have a nice week-end !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Cricutting! It turned out really cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Amy - I hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog on my blog - I was inspired by your robot card! (It is here: http://diningroomdrawers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/pop-n-cutscricut-robot-birthday-card.html )
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! Perfect take on the cue card. I'm not in a snow belt but I feel your pain. We are in non-stop rain storms where I live. I hope that snow melts pronto! Thinking warm thoughts and sending them to Wisconsin! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you make me laugh! I always say I hate January and February, but then March is always a disappointment - never spring! lol! I love your fun guy and your digital font! (and good for you for using your Cricut - I have one gathering dust somewhere, I really should get it out, although I also know what you mean about how fussy it can be!) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it was worth the effort because that robot is super cute Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you make me glad I haven't invested in a Cricut yet...although your robot is simply adorable, it sounds like he was a lot of work! (Jolee stickers are nice, too, right?) I'm glad you were able to play along with CASology two weeks in a row, your card is simply adorable! I do hope Spring arrives soon where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe, fun card! That robot totally made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. I love that little guy. I too am so sick of winter. I miss the snow but what a tease it is here. 70 all weekend and now back to rain and cold. Bring on the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love feedback from my readers. If you have a blog, I always return the love by visiting within a week whoever leaves a comment.